I’m waiting for an Intrepid 10×8 to be delivered and decided to use up some 5×7 film using my Demaria-Lapierre & Mollier camera with the Hermagis 310mm brass lens. I bought them a few years back in a Paris street market. The setup is so easy to use and I always manage to make some great prints from the negatives – I especially like the lens – it has some character.
I had a pack of Adox CHS 100 II film in storage which was dated 2016 and as it was the only suitable sized film I decided to give it a go!
I wandered around the garden and came across this scene – an old French garden pot we brought over from Paris. I made an initial exposure and added 25% more time durign the processing to add some more contrast.
I contact printed the negative on out of date Ilford Fiber based Warmtone paper and it printed perfectly on Grade 2. I have a slight problem with what looks like dust on the negative but I need to track down exaclty the problem. (it could be the OOD film but I’m not sure).
Anyway apart from that I’m pleased with the result.